Welcome to our Authentic Palestinian Cooking Class, where we embark on a culinary journey to explore the rich and diverse flavors of Palestinian cuisine. In this class we will cook and celebrate the tradition, history, and the vibrant tapestry of Palestinian culture through its food.
This class is a fundraiser whereby 100% of the proceeds will go to Doctors without Borders and medical supplies in the Gaza strip.
Our guest chef Sandra Bahbah-Gleeson will explore dishes that have been been passed down through generations in her family, each recipe telling a unique story. From the aromatic spices to the unique flavours and ingredients, we will guide you through the steps of crafting this delicious food in your own kitchen.
You’ll discover the artistry of crafting dishes like foul medamas, Arabic potato salad, mujadara and ihley, a dish that beautifully combines fried eggplant with tomato sauce and roasted almonds.
We invite you to not only learn the techniques of Palestinian cooking but also to savor the stories woven into the class through the universal language of food.
Cooking class details:
- This cooking class comprises one part demonstration, one part hands on and one part lunch where you get to taste all the recipes
- A traditional drink is provided upon arrival
- Coffee / tea are available throughout the class
- Morning tea treats are provided as part of the class
- The cooking class will last approximately 2.5 hours
Please read our Cooking Class Bookings Terms and Conditions here with regards to what to wear, allergies and dietary requirements.