Born in a small village in West Java, as the oldest daughter, Sania grew up helping her family from a very young age, preparing simple, yet beautiful meals from ingredients she would gather herself. Her talent lies in highlighting the fresh, vibrant flavours of the ingredients she works with and among her many skills in the kitchen one can list impressive feats such as making her own coconut oil, coconut milk and coconut sugar from fresh coconuts, harvesting and preparing bamboo shoots, growing an array of vegetables and making everything seem simple!
In this class, with Chris’ help, Sania will share her decades of culinary experience and she will teach you how to cook beautiful, authentic, Indonesian food at home with a handful of wholesome ingredients and a multitude of spices.
All the recipes have been tailored to be gluten free and vegan.
As part of the class, we will demonstrate:
- Tempeh and Tofu Bacam
- Urap with toasted red peanuts
- Traditional Sambal
- Gado Gado with Tempeh and Tofu Satay
- Indonesian Veggie Curry
- Wedang Jahe
- Kue Pancong
Cooking class details:
- This cooking class comprises one part demonstration, one part hands on and one part lunch where you get to taste all the recipes
- Traditional Indonesian aromatic tea is provided upon arrival
- Coffee / tea are available throughout the class
- Morning tea treats are provided as part of the class
- The cooking class will last approximately 2.5 hours
You will also receive a recipe booklet with all the recipes taught.
This class contributes to 10-20 hrs of meaningful employment for our team and helps us donate towards 5000 micronutrient fortified meals for children under 5 in Rwanda, Malawi, Kenya and Tanzania.
Please read our Cooking Class Bookings Terms and Conditions here with regards to what to wear, allergies and dietary requirements.