Born in Jalandhar, Punjab, Chetna grew up with her mother’s cooking filling the house with beautiful, spicy aromas. Over the years, Chetna’s love and passion for home-cooked food and simple, wholesome cooking has only grown stronger. Today, with Chris’ and Kat’s help, she will teach you how to cook nourishing Northern Indian food at home with only a handful of whole food ingredients. All the recipes have been tailored to be gluten free and vegan.
As part of the class, we will demonstrate:
- Onion Bhaji
- Punjabi Moong Dal
- Traditional potato curry
- Kachumba salad
- Mint chutney
- Cucumber raita
- Mango lassi
- Cardamom and cashew Nankhatai cookies
Cooking class details:
- This cooking class comprises one part demonstration, one part hands on and one part lunch where you get to taste all the recipes
- Traditional masala chai drinks are provided upon arrival
- Coffee / tea are provided throughout the class
- Morning tea treats are provided as part of the class
- The cooking class will last approximately 2.5 hours
You will also receive a recipe booklet with all the recipes taught.
This class contributes to 10-20 hrs of meaningful employment for our team and helps us donate towards 5000 micronutrient fortified meals for children under 5 in Rwanda, Malawi, Kenya and Tanzania.
Please read our Cooking Class Bookings Terms and Conditions here with regards to what to wear, allergies and dietary requirements.