These little moreish bites are rich, delicious and not too sweet, with a subtle mint flavour. They are gooey but not too sticky. And chocolaty. Definitely chocolaty.
They’re so easy to make and all you need is a food processor, a pan and about 10 minutes.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serves: lots of little pieces
- 200g raw almonds
- 200g raw cashews
- 50g unsweetened cacao powder
- 200g dates (Medjool or Iranian)
- 3 big handfuls of fresh mint, washed and dried
- optional: melted chocolate to decorate
- Add the almonds and cashews to a medium pan and toast them on medium heat for about 5 good minutes, stirring every now and then so they don’t burn on only one side.
- Transfer the nuts to a bowl and allow them to cool.
- Add the nuts to a food processor and blitz until you turn them into nut butter. You might need to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add the cacao and the dates to the food processor and blitz until the dates are chopped up and blended through. Again, you might need to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl every now and then.
- Add the mint and blitz until it’s chopped up and blended through into the mix and the mix becomes quite fudgy in texture.
- Line a pan with baking paper and press the fudge in the pan. You can cut and serve right away or you can store in the fridge.
- If you’re using chocolate to drizzle, do so before refrigerating and/or before serving.