Layers of crunchy coconut chips, pillowy coconut cream and sweet, tart berries. It’s a beautiful, light treat.
Ingredients for the cream:
- The flesh of two young coconuts (about 1.5 cups)
- 20g cacao butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut water (from the same young coconuts)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
Ingredients for strawberry mash:
- A handful of strawberries. Really, that’s all you need.
- 4 strawberries, sliced
- handful of whole strawberries
- handful of whole blueberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut shreds (or more coconut chips)
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds (for decoration)
- Melt the cacao butter using the bain marie method.
- Add the coconut flesh, vanilla seeds, maple, coconut water and melted cacao butter to a blender and blitz until you get a silky smooth cream. It’s a matter of seconds.
- Scoop the cream into a bowl and pop it in the fridge for half hour to set.
- Mash the strawberries with a fork. Scoop half in one glass/serving bowl and half in another.
- Arrange the sliced strawberries on the sides of the glass/bowl.
- Scoop 1 full tablespoon of the coconut cream in each glass, on top of the mashed strawberries.
- Top the cream with 1 tablespoon of coconut shreds in each glass.
- Add few whole strawberries and blueberries.
- Top with the rest of the coconut cream, coconut chips, 2-3 strawberries and 2-3 blueberries.
- Generously sprinkle poppy seeds.
- Enjoy fresh.