- 6 ripe Fuyu persimmons
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon of water
- Remove the green tops from the persimmons and carefully peel the fruit.
- Chop the flesh and place it in a small sauce pot along with the lemon juice, vanilla, cinnamon and cardamom.
- Bring the pot to a simmer over medium-low heat and cook for 10-15 minutes until it’s reduced and a bit thickened.
- In a small bowl mix the tapioca and the water until the tapioca is dissolved.
- Add the tapioca to the persimmon and stir through. Let it cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and transfer to a blender. Blitz until smooth then pour into a jam jar. Alternatively, you can also use an immersion blender to puree the persimmon directly in the sauce pot.
- Store this jam in the fridge for up to 2 weeks (if it lasts that long!).
Do you enjoy our recipes? Join our bi-monthly usefulletter for exclusive offers and recipes, BTS snippets and 10% off your first order.
Other recipes you might like