We might as well kick start the holiday season recipe saving with these almond white chocolate hearts. They are beautiful to look at, sweet and small, white, and make a wonderful addition to any dessert platter or cake decoration. They work well for the warm Christmas we have here in Perth, as well as for the snowy Christmas some of you might enjoy around the world.
These little hearts are delicious on their own and they make impressive decorations for raw cakes. If you want to get a little fancy, you can pair the delicate white chocolate flavour with a little extra tang by adding cranberries or freeze dried oranges.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serves: plenty of little hearts
- 1 cup almond meal
- 5 TBSP maple syrup
- 1/3 cup melted cacao butter
- 4 TBSP coconut butter
- 2 TBSP cacao nibs
- 1 TBSP cranberries or freeze dried orange pieces
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and mix well with a small whisk until you get a smooth, creamy consistency.
- Get your silicone mould, any shape or size you’d like or have at home, and place it on a chopping board. Small heart shapes work really well.
- Sprinkle a few cacao nibs and cranberries / dry orange in each individual cavity.
- Fill the cavity with the almond mixture and then transfer the chopping board to the fridge or freezer until they set.