The porridge is very simple and can be made with what you have available in the fridge and pantry. You can easily substitute the apples with pears or stone fruit and the blueberries with other berries.
The end result is so beautifully creamy and smooth and delicious. I hope you enjoy this porridge as much as I do.
- 2 cups porridge mix – I used a homemade one made mostly with oast and a bit of quinoa flakes, ground linseed and chia seeds
- 4 apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup almond milk
1 cup water
- 10 TBSP maple syrup
- Add all the ingredients to a medium bowl on medium low heat. Give them a good toss and mix and cover with a lid.
- Bring to a gentle boil and then lower to heat to low.
- Cook for about 10-15 minutes or until the porridge is very creamy.
- Enjoy warm with fresh fruit on top or your favourite crunchy toppings.