This is a wonderfully decadent, yet wholesome, chocolate treat.
The recipe makes a small 9cm cake.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup cacao nibs
- 1/2 cup currants
A handful of cherries
- 1 cup cashews
- 3 TBSP melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 TBSP cacao powder
- 4 TBSP maple syrup
- Toppings: chocolate, cherries, pomegranate seeds
- Add the ingredients for the base to a small blender and process until you get a sticky ‘dough’.
- Press the dough into a small 9cm cake pan lined with baking paper.
- Pit the cherries, halve them and arrange them in a single layer on the cake base.
- Add the ingredients for the filling to the same blender and process until you get a smooth, creamy mix.
- Scoop the mix onto the layered cherries & smooth it on top.
- Place it in the freezer to firm up.
- Decorate and serve with fresh cherries.