- The juice and zest of an orange
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 3 apples, sliced with a mandolin on medium setting
- Preheat the oven to 150C and line 2 large trays with baking paper.
- Add the lemon juice, zest, sugar and cinnamon to the bowl and mix to combine, until the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice the apples and add them to the bowl as you go. Try to slice them all the same thickness to ensure they cook at the same time.
- Gently toss the apples into the orange marinade to thoroughly coat them.
- Carefully arrange the apple slices onto the baking trays in a single layer.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the apples out and gently flip them over to ensure they bake evenly.
- Bake the apple slices for another 5 minutes and then take them out again.
- See if any feel soft but dry to the touch – they are done. Remove the dry slices and place them in a bowl and return the rest to the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the apples from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Store in an airtight container or a wide mouth jar.
Do you enjoy our recipes? Join our bi-monthly usefulletter for exclusive offers and recipes, BTS snippets and 10% off your first order.
Other recipes you might like