Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 minutes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 small clove of garlic, finely grated to a paste
- 120g coconut chips
- Preheat the oven to 160C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl except the coconut chips and mix until you get a paste.
- Add the coconut chips and toss gently to cover them in the paste.
- Scoop the chips onto the tray and spread them in a thin layer.
- Bake them for a total of 30 minutes, taking them out and tossing them every 5 minutes so they crisp up evenly.
- When ready, take them out and allow them to cool in the tray. They will still be a bit soft when warm, but they will crisp up when cold.
- When completely cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or jar and store at room temperature.