- 200g raisins
- 100g rum (or enough to cover the raisins)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl and toss to mix together well. Cover and allow to infuse for 6-8 hours or overnight, in the fridge.
- The next day, preheat the oven to 160C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Spread the raisins in a thin layer and bake for a total of 25 minutes, taking them out and tossing every 5 minutes.
- When ready, take them out and allow them to cool in the tray. They will still be quite soft when warm, but will turn gooey and a little crispy when cooled.
- Once cooled, transfer them to an airtight container or jar and keep at room temperature.
Do you enjoy our recipes? Join our bi-monthly usefulletter for exclusive offers and recipes, BTS snippets and 10% off your first order.
Other recipes you might like