Strawberries are in season and they are so incredibly delicious this time of year. Now is the perfect time to celebrate this wonderful fruit. Now is the time to whip up some fruit salads, dinner salads, smoothies, to have them on their own as a refreshing snack or …. to use them in desserts!
Now, you know me and my passion for fuss free, delicious desserts! These little tarts definitely fit the bill. So easy and quick to make.
Berries are very high in antioxidants, they help support our immune system, and generally support our body to do its job and protect us against illness. In all their colourful, delicious glory, these little nuggets are tiny powerhouses.
Prep time: approximately 10 minutes
- 220g pitted dates
- 270g almonds
- A pinch of salt
- 4 TBSP water
- 1 medium, ripe, but firm banana
- 2 handfuls of strawberries + 4 extra to top
- 3 TBSP coconut oil, melted
- Your favourite chocolate or more strawberries to top
- Fresh mint leaves to top
- Add the dates, almonds, salt and water to a food processor and process until you get a sticky, crumbly dough.
- Press this into 16 mini tart moulds.
- Put the tarts in the freezer for 10-15 minutes to firm them, then take them out of the moulds.
- Meanwhile, to make the filling, add the banana, strawberries and coconut oil to a blender and process until you get a smooth creamy consistency.
- Scoop the strawberry filling into the tart shells.
- Decorate with chocolate pieces, fresh mint and more strawberries.
These are best served on the day and they can also be frozen for later use.