Fresh dates. Sticky, caramely, buttery dates, combined with walnuts makes such a wonderful combination.
Prep time: 10 mins
Serves: 6 bliss balls
- 1/3 cup raw walnuts, ground
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, ground
- 2 TBSP linseed, ground (this is optional and if you don’t have you can sub with more walnuts or cashews)
- 1 tsp solid coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple
- 2 fresh dates, pitted and each chopped in 3 pieces
- To coat: nut meal of choice
- Add walnuts and cashews to a blender and process for few seconds to get them finely ground.
- In a bowl, mix nuts with linseed (if using), coconut oil and sweetener until you get a sticky ‘dough’.
- Roll each piece of chopped date in tiny balls.
- Divide your nut ‘dough’ in 6 parts.
- Get 1 part dough and roll it into a ball. Make a hole in it with your thumb and put a sticky date piece inside. Cover it up with the dough and roll it back into a bliss balls, making sure to cover all sides of the date filling.
- Continue with the rest.
- To serve, roll the bliss balls in a nut meal (I used almond meal) and place in the fridge for 10-15 minutes. You can also serve them right away, without fridge time.